Every summer I like to include one blog post that chronicles my summer work activities. It was great to have Calvin's help this summer as we painted the exterior of the rental including the deck railings. It needed it very badly. We pressure washed, scraped, primed and hand painted the entire exterior. I even hit some spots that were never covered when it was built. In addition, I tore out aluminum windows and installed vinyl windows in a neighbor's house. I did a small deck repair for another neighbor. One of my final projects was one of our own bedroom windows right above our bed. Ever since our first night in the house with a howling November north wind, I have wanted to replace that sliding window. I finally did it and am ready for this winter's storms. Now that school is starting, I get to hang up my tool belt for another year.